- The Doctor graduated from the Medical School of the Aristotle’s University of Thessaloniki, Greece, after succesfully taking the Panhellenic Exams.
- He then successfully took the exams on the field of ‘Reproductive Endocrinology’ of the Greek State Scholarships Foundation.
- He trained in Ob- Gyn in the University Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology of Alexandra Hospital, Athens, Greece where he completed his specialty training.
- He was awarded with the title of phD of the Medical School of the University of Thessaly, Greece for successfully supporting his thesis entitled ‘The role of leptin and syncytin in the placenta function’.
- He specialised in Fetal Medicine and antenatal pregnancy management in Prof. Kypros Nicolaides worldwide famous centre in King’s College Hospital London, UK after completing the full training time needed. Part of his training also took place in University College London Hospital, UK. In recognition of his performance in diagnosing and managing fetal complications cases, he was awarded from the Fetal Medicine Foundation the prestigious “Diploma in Fetal Medicine” title, the highest award Professor Nicolaides reserves for Fellows trained in his Unit.
- After successfully taking part in the Harris Birthright Centre for Fetal Medicine relevant exams, he was certified in managing high- risk pregnancies and multiple pregnancies. He was, additionally certified in fetal echocardiography by Prof. Lyndsay Allan. Finally, he was certified, after exams, to perform all scan ultrasounds and invasive procedures during pregnancy.
- Subsequently, he worked in the antenatal screening department of Queen Elizabeth Hospital, London, UK until his return to Greece. During his stay in the UK, he was fully licensed to practice in the Consultants registry of the General Medical Council (GMC) that assesses the quality of doctors working in the UK.
- As part of his scientific work, he has published numerous papers in international, peer- reviewed, scientific journals. He has published the book ‘Counselling in Fetal Medicine‘ that deals with the appropriate counseling of cases during pregnancy.
- He began providing his medical services in his private medical practice. The whole range of Obstetrics and Gynecological services will be available with special emphasis on antenatal screening and Fetal Medicine. For women or couples seeking advice from abroad, appointments over Internet, that include video- conferencing, are provided. The aim is to provide with high quality services having, at the same time, the utmost respect for each woman. In this context, high- end equipment and practice supported by the latest evidence- based guidelines are going to be the pillars of the effort.